Thursday, May 26, 2011

Hide & Seek

Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . . finding out Phillip would be home four hours late. He had a very good reason, but that kind of news always leaves me feeling really glum.

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . playing hide and seek with my kids. I particularly loved watching Daniel dash ahead of me to find his sister. It was also fun to hide in the bathroom, and make silly faces in the mirror until the kids found me.

And another thing . . .

. . . today's hide and seek game reminded of a mother I once met who said that when her kids argued and called on her to mediate, she would hide somewhere in the house. The two kids would start working together to find her, and by the time they actually located her they had become a team and the quarrel was forgotten.

No comments: