Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Back

I strained my back on Friday .  Don't ask me how - I just know that mid-afternoon my lower back started to ache, and by evening I felt sharp pain every time I moved.  Since then . . .

. . . my not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . .  laying on sofa cushions for hours on end.  It sounds relaxing until you have to do it for four straight days.

. . . spending an hour just trying to figure out how to get to our bathroom without causing myself agonizing pain.

. . . sneezing.  Owwwwwww.

. . . my favorite moments included . . .


. . . the generous help we've received from family and friends.  Thank you so very much.

. . . my visiting teacher giving me her spare heating pad after the inflammation died down and my muscles just ached.  The warmth felt so good.

. . . finally getting around to reading a cool Yucatecan cookbook Phillip gave me for Christmas.

. . . Joy helping out a lot.

. . . Daniel giving me a hug and kiss.

. . . Anna proudly standing and taking a few steps.

. . . finishing Dawn Treader with Joy last night.  On to The Silver Chair.

. . . finally getting up and around with minimal pain today.  I'm still taking it easy, but it's wonderful to be able to take care of my family again.

And another thing . . .

. . . I plan to research exercises to strengthen my back so I can prevent this from happening again.

No comments: