Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Shrimp and Scritchies

Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . . buying raw shrimp to cook for the first time in my life, and discovering that I had inadvertently bought the kind with their shells and legs still attached.  I opted out of dissecting things in my junior high science class, but decades later, after a quick internet search for how to shell and devein shrimp, I gained more firsthand knowledge of shrimp anatomy than I ever cared to have.

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . saying, "Here you come!" and hearing Todd reply, "Here comes me!"

And another thing . . .

. . . poor Joy has a couple bothersome bug bites right now.  I sympathize deeply, but I also think it's kind of adorable when she calls them "scritchies" ('cuz they itch and she wants to scratch them).

No comments: