Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Dinner Plans and the Desk Resolution

Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . . having two brilliant dinner plans founder upon the shoals of reality on the very same night.  Things worked out in the end, though.  They always do.

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . hearing that Daniel and a few other classmates had encouraged and comforted a boy who was really struggling with a new concept in class.  I don't know whether Daniel initiated the effort or joined in after others started it, but I'm proud of him for trying to help someone who needed it.

. . . hugging my husband.

. . . clearing a little clutter off my desk.  My resolution is to have the whole dang thing tidied and organized by the end of this month.  It's too massive a job to finish in a single day (some of the things in those piles have been there for months or even years), but I find it much easier to tackle if I just commit to working at it 20 minutes a day.  Instead of feeling daunted by the whole task, I feel a sense of accomplishment that I kept my commitment today, and confidence that those 20 minute sessions will add up to a clean desk in a few weeks.  Miracles do happen, and sometimes the miracle is just finding a way to achieve what you thought was impossible (or at least highly improbable).

No comments: