Monday, September 26, 2016

Music and Mushrooms

Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . . watching the presidential debate tonight.  I'm not enthusiastic about either option, for different reasons. 

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . playing catch with Todd, and counting with him to twenty-two, or seventeen, or whatever his favorite number of the moment was.

. . . listening to my playlist of favorite songs.  If only it were longer.  Every time I look at the run time and see that it's only an hour and forty-six minutes, I think, "There really must be more five-star songs out there that I can add to this list.  If only I could think of a few."  Any suggestions?

And another thing . . .

. . . I recently learned that the white button mushrooms they sell at the grocery store are actually immature portobellos.  And crimini mushrooms?  They're the stage between white button and portobello.  I had always assumed they were three different species.  What's more, the mature mushroom's name can be spelled four different ways: portobello, portobella, portabello, portabella.  All four spellings are considered correct, depending on who you ask.

No comments: