Thursday, September 11, 2014

Peas and a Haircut, Two Bits

Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . . making a few snips to "improve" Anna's haircut, then standing back and realizing I had utterly butchered it.  I managed to salvage things, but it was a humbling reminder that, despite a few successes with Joy and Daniel's styles, I am by no means an expert when it comes to cutting hair.

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . one of my children offering to help set the table.  It warms my heart when they volunteer to help out.

. . . serving a stir fry, and having my kids actually show interest in a few of the vegetables.  It helped that there were a lot to choose from, and that they had to choose at least two if they wanted dessert.  To my surprise, the fresh pea pods were the most popular item.

No comments: