Wednesday, November 25, 2015

A Rocket and a Ramp

Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . .  Anna having a meltdown for half the drive home because we were running late and I asked her to walk down the stairs instead of a long ramp.  She seemed mildly bummed about it at the time, but over the next fifteen minutes she got herself really worked up, to the point that she was tearfully asking that we turn around and drive back so we could go back and walk down the ramp.  She thought I was unreasonable and downright not nice for refusing to turn around on the freeway.

Todd's tantrums, though explosive, tend to last about a minute or two, and then he moves right on with life.  Anna tantrums are long, drawn-out affairs, often sparked by something I didn't realize was a big deal at the time.  The worst ones are when she gets upset with me for doing something she wanted to do (like open a certain door) without telling me beforehand that she wanted to do it.

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . visiting the California Science Center as a family.  My favorite parts were the big aquarium (we all thought the sharks and eels were particularly cool) and the Space Shuttle Endeavor.  I could have spent an hour in the Endeavor hanger, but alas, the kids got bored of it long before Phillip and I did.

No comments: