Sunday, February 18, 2007

Simple Pleasures

I recently learned that at my daughter Joy’s current stage of development (she's two months old), she can start to carry on little conversations. She makes a cooing noise, then I coo or say a short word, then she coos again, and so on. We’ve had a handful of these little chats over the past few days, and I absolutely love them. Perhaps it’s the linguist in me, enjoying this sweet, simple form of mother/daughter communication. Granted, I’ve been talking to Joy almost non-stop for weeks, but this feels more interactive. Plus she smiles her cute little grin all through it--gotta love that.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

When Penny finally made her first non-crying sound at about 2 months I almost died and went to heaven. It only gets better!

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

Can't wait. :)