Monday, December 31, 2007

Yoga = More Cookies

Now that holiday madness and our trip to my parents' cabin are behind us, it's time to dust off my poor, neglected blog and reestablish contact with the outside world. Until I get back in the groove of things, here's a little holiday food for thought (pun totally intended, I regret to say).

According to Food and Health Communications, in order to burn off two average holiday cookies (140-160 calories), you can . . .

Spend 20 minutes:
Doing low impact aerobics
Vigorously playing with children
Shoveling snow
Ice skating
Walking 4.5 mph
Working out at the gym

Or spend 30 minutes:
Ballroom dancing (or square dancing, if you prefer)
Food shopping
Raking leaves
Walking 3.5 mph
Doing Tai chi
Doing Yoga

I've been meaning to learn more about yoga (exercise + stress relief = good thing), and now I have yet another good reason to study it: I can eat more cookies! What's not to love?

5 comments:

Kerri said...

I love how you mention that you can burn off some of the calories by buying more food!

Jodi Jean said...

mmmmmm yoga!!!

Serena said...

The kids love yoga and kick boxing also. Joy will love the yoga at her age.

Serena said...

WE love ice skating! We have a rink by here in Ontario. Lauren has had several lessons and classes, and we both have our own ice skates. Christopher loves ice hockey. It is a great workout, just keep bundled up.

Lizardbreath McGee said...

I did yoga for the first time with my younger sister in Utah. Doing it wasn't so bad, but for about four or five days after I had aches in muscles I'd never thought about before.

Just goes to show that it's a really good workout.

And also, I was probably doing it wrong. :)