Friday, March 7, 2008

Six More Words

If you haven't yet read the previous post, I suggest you look through it before reading this one. Don't worry--it's short.

I kept thinking about my "juggling act" memoir last night, and I reached two unpleasant conclusions: 1) It's an accurate description of my current outlook, and 2) I don't like it. It seems so bleak and repetitive, as if I’m a hamster on a wheel that keeps rotating faster and faster. I want my mortal experience to be full of love and inspiration, not just harried productivity.

Having determined that, I started thinking about what kind of memoir I would prefer to have. It didn’t take me long to come up with six words that describe what I want my life to be: “Joyful home; on to glory together.”

I want my family (myself included) to have a deep love for the Lord, for each other, and for life in general. If we can cultivate that, I think most other things will either fall into place or fade into the background. Even if they don’t, we’ll have mastered the things that are most important in this life, and the only things that really impact the next one.

That brings me to the obvious question: How do I get from the “juggling act” mentality to the “joyful home” mentality? I’m still puzzling over that.

3 comments:

Science Teacher Mommy said...

I read about this in TNY last week and have been thinking about it ever since. Most of what I've come up with as well is not how I want to be depicted. "Not quite what I was planning . . ." somedays feels like the truth, but then other days it is more like "More than I ever hoped for." So maybe your balancing act metaphor is fitting. Your joyful home is a clever play on words, too. Unless, of course, your baby's name is a blognym.

I made a follow up comment on on "Beauty and Permanance" I want you to look at.

Jodi Jean said...

i got nothing ... i have no answers ... i'm still trying to balance and then i'm adding another kid to the mix, yikes!!!!

i like the 2nd set of words, its simple and to the point and conveys your desires and wishes. love it.

Serena said...

I just look at it this way and keep moving. We are here going to College to learn how to become Gods and Goddesses. As we all know School is a juggling act. We won't get just love and inspiration till we have passed on, or if we get to live in the millenium. And it better be there, or else someones going to pay. hahahahah.