Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Six Words

This is going to be short, but I found it intriguing and considering my recent blogging track record, if I don't write about it now I won't get around to it.

On the local public radio station, they're discussing a book called Not Quite What I Was Planning, a collection of six-word memoirs written by people from all walks of life (you can read the whole collection or submit your own here). Examples are "Well, I thought it was funny," "I still make coffee for two," "Not a good christian, but trying," "Wasn't born a redhead; fixed that," and "Cursed with cancer, blessed with friends" (that one was from a nine-year-old girl).

It made me wonder how I would capture my life story in a mere six words. I'm still thinking, but the first thing that came to mind is: "Juggling act - more pins each year." Fitting, but if that's the most that can be said of my life I need to make some changes, either in action or perception.

How would you write your (short) story?

One Year Ago . . . Baby Starts "Talking"

7 comments:

Caitlin said...

Motherhood- finding myself by losing myself.

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

Very true. The crucible of parenthood has taught me a lot about myself.

Jodi Jean said...

hmmm, i have no idea, but what an interesting idea

Nicole Shelby said...

i don't feel like i could capture the essence of my simple sweet life in just 6 words. There are so many different roles, activities, goals, aspects, missions, etc that make up who i/we are.

Lizardbreath McGee said...

Hmm. I like that much. Very much, indeed. And I'll have to think about what mine is. Something about books maybe? Or hating spiders? That's pretty much all there is to me. ;)

Also, just FYI, I've tagged ya.

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

Ah Beth - there is so much more to you than hating spiders. :)

Thanks for the tag. Tags make me happy.

Nate said...

You can't take it with you.

Hey could I borrow five bucks?

I'm getting off this merry go-round.