Monday, August 11, 2008

I Little Imagined I Was Capable of Such Depravity

Phillip's sister Emily recently returned from serving as a missionary in Croatia, and today we drove out to hear her speak in church. Several other relatives were there, including Cousin Jodi, who I haven't seen in person for nearly a year--long before she became pregnant with Baby #2. After the meeting today when I saw her cute, seven-month-pregnant tummy, I am mortified to confess that I cooed and rubbed it without even asking permission. Good. Freakin'. Grief.

I’ve heard stories about nutty people cheerfully rubbing pregnant women’s tummies without so much as a “by your leave,” and I never dreamt I would do that to another person, even if they are related to me. Sorry Jodi. And Alissa, when I see you in a couple days, I promise to exercise more restraint. Yeesh.

5 comments:

Science Teacher Mommy said...

Little old Hispanic ladies used to do this to me in Texas all the time. I felt like the sacred Mother: that somehow I was helping prayers get to Heaven or something.

Jodi Jean said...

hehe ... don't worry about it. i didn't even really notice. if you would have asked i would have said yes, so it didn't bother me at all.

just wait your #2 will start popping out soon enough and then you can start getting rub downs!!

it was great seeing you ... seriously invite yourself to my parents house for some grub and good conversation! we need to do it more often than once a year!

Serena said...

Oh, everyone does it, especially when we are expecting. It's a natral motherely thing. Lol

Serena said...

Alyssa is pregnant? yeah. We weren't invited to Emily's return talk. What is up with that? Lol. We love the Hendricksons.

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

Serena, they didn't exactly send out invitations. Things have been so crazy with vacation prep that the only relatives who even knew about Emily's talk were the ones who noticed she was back and asked when she was speaking.

We love you, too. :)