Friday, November 28, 2008

They, Who Are So Fresh From God

"It is not a slight thing when they, who are so fresh from God, love us." (Dickens)

Lately this quote about the pure love of children has been on my mind a lot. My nearly-two-year-old daughter certainly has her moments of impatience and pushing her (and my) limits, but on the whole she is unassumingly cheerful and loving, and it often fills me with wonder that such a being is so intensely fond of me. Watching her face light up when she sees me, and hearing her little voice call out "Mama!" as she hurries toward me melts my heart. May I live worthy of such wholehearted, unconditional love.

1 comment:

Liesl said...

Since I am child-less as of now, all I can say is that I feel kind of the same way when I come home and my dog is happy to see me. Tail wagging, tongue hanging out, running in circles...It is the best! I know it will be so much better when I have my own children excited to see me.