Monday, October 18, 2010

Solemn Assembly

Today's favorite moments included . . .

. . . Daniel running up to give me a hug.

. . . Joy wanting to sit on my lap when we had dinner at a friend's home.

. . . eating delicious chowder.

. . . coming in out of the cold, and walking on warm carpet in bare feet.

. . . attending the annual devotional for temple workers (and their spouses) in the LA Temple solemn assembly room. Meetings I have attended in that room have been among the most spiritual experiences of my life, and tonight was no exception. As I listened to the beautiful music and the inspiring words of an apostle of God, I felt such peace, happiness, and love for my sweet, good husband.* We closed with the hymn “Redeemer of Israel,” and as we sang “the hour of redemption is here” I felt deep gratitude for our Savior.

*Galatians 5:22 lists love as a fruit of the Spirit, and I have found that to be literally true. My love for my husband is always fullest when we are in the temple or some other sacred context where the Spirit is strongly present. I feel greater love for others, too, but for him most of all.

No comments: