Sunday, January 6, 2013

Guilt and the Ghostlight

Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . .  a woman scolding me at the grocery store because my  kids were playing tag in the produce section.  I seem to get comments like that at least once a month, and I wonder if it's because I'm a negligent parent or because there are lots of fastidious, outspoken people in my town.  Probably both.

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . hearing Anna say, "Mama" while I cuddled her.

. . . gazing up at the stars on my way to the laundry room out back.

. . . watching Pixar cartoons with my family tonight. "La Luna" is just lovely.  Daniel's favorite is "Mater and the Ghostlight" (sorry - I couldn't find a full version of that one on YouTube).

. . . Phillip coming over to sit on the couch with Joy and me while I read Prince Caspian aloud.  He had been listening in the next room, and had become so engrossed in the tale that he couldn't resist coming to join us.

No comments: