Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Semi-normality and the Squirrel

Today's favorite moments included . . .

. . . getting up and around with minimal pain.  Life felt almost normal, except for the periodic stints on the couch with an ice pack or heating pad when my muscles started getting sore.

. . . feeling a cool breeze as I took a short walk.

. . . lying on the heating pad.  Ahhhhhh.

. . . a neighbor boy showing up with an invitation to his "fake birthday party."  I asked him when it was.  "Today!"  What time?  "Right now!"  Awesome.

And another thing . . .

. . . Things have been disappearing all around our home lately.  The toothpaste tube, my earrings, dirty dishes.  Some of them have turned up, but others are still missing.  I suspect Joy is hiding them, but I'm really not sure what is motivating this.  Maybe she's practicing to be a squirrel.

No comments: