Sunday, November 17, 2013

A Botany Lesson and a Dance Party

Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . .  Anna being a two-year-old in the sense that she is determined to get what she wants, and doesn't comprehend that she can't have it.  She thinks if she asks a dozen times then screams at the top of her lungs, it will somehow change the answer.

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . attending the annual boy scout pancake breakfast fundraiser.  The food was better than usual, but the real fun was chatting with friends there.

. . . taking a little nap with Todd.  To sleep, perchance to dream.

. . . Anna clapping her hands and shouting, "Yay!" as we played with a board game.  I'm still not sure what she was so excited about, but it was cute to see her so animated.

. . . explaining the difference between annuals and perennials to Joy as we ate ice cream at Rite Aid.

. . . having an impromptu Hendrickson dance party.  Todd got a bit fussy this evening so I stood up and danced to some music while he nestled in the sling.  Phillip got up and danced with me, then Joy asked him to twirl her like he had twirled me, and soon Daniel and Anna wanted to be twirled, too.

2 comments:

Cathy said...

I guess I should drop by more often. Interesting things like new babies happen (I was aware of your pregnancy, just not aware of Todd having arrived) without my knowing. Congratulations, Kim.

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

Thanks. And hey, since I've been posting sporadically lately, you can't be blamed for checking the blog sporadically, too.