Tuesday, November 12, 2013

New Words and a Pain in the Neck

Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . . my neck muscles aching like crazy because I keep nodding off while feeding Todd in the middle of the night. 

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . playing with the three big kids this evening.  They came home from Red Grandma's house today, and it was nice to have them home and see them be excited about their little brother.  We played some games, ate grilled cheese sandwiches, and generally enjoyed a low-key evening together.

And another thing . . .

. . . Todd is a week old today, and I still occasionally call him "Daniel" because for nearly five years "Daniel" has been my word for "son."  My brain is still getting used to the fact that it has to specify which son I'm talking about.

. . . I am absolutely amazed at how much Anna's vocabulary is growing.  She is learning and using dozens of new words, and pronouncing old ones better.  She really isn't a baby anymore, but she still loves to snuggle, for which I am very grateful.

No comments: