Sunday, November 10, 2013

Rest, Errands, and General Cuteness

Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . . going to the grocery store specifically for a certain thing, then getting home to find that it somehow didn't make it from the cash register to my car.  Todd was already down for a nap by the time I made this discovery, so I guess the store just gets to keep it.

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . sleeping in until 10:30am (thank you, Mom and Dad, for taking the big kids for the weekend).  I felt normal for the first time in days, and it was nice to look in the mirror and see a woman instead of a zombie.

. . . going to the store with Todd.  He was content in the sling, and I found that successfully running a few errands made my life feel more normal.  I'm still a bit nervous about how things will go when the other three kids come home, but I know I'll figure it out, just like I did the other three times a new baby joined our family.

. . . imbibing the sweetness of tiny baby feet, soft baby hair, a little baby nose (which looks a lot like his brother's), and kissable baby cheeks.

No comments: