Saturday, November 1, 2014

Cute Costumes and Scary Lemonade

Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . .  shopping with all four kids at the grocery store.  No matter how much we need an item, and no matter how convenient it seems to just swing by the store a pick a few things up, it is never, ever worth the nagging, scolding stress of shepherding four energetic children through the checkout line.

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . watching the Halloween parade at my kids' school this morning.  I love the whimsical creativity the kids and teachers (and even some parents) put into their costumes.

And another thing . . .

. . . sometimes making something at home kills my enjoyment of it, because I find out how unhealthy the recipe is.  Lemonade (it takes how much refined sugar to make this palatable?) and ice cream (so basically I'm stirring refined sugar into heavy cream and eating it by the spoonful?) are two such things.  Don't get me wrong, I still love eating ice cream, but I don't enjoy making it.

No comments: