Saturday, October 17, 2015

Friendly Kitties and Ponderizing

Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . .  Anna deciding it would be fun to hide from me as we were leaving to pick up the big kids from school.  It took me forever to find her, and we had a little chat afterward about not playing hide-and-seek with Mama without asking her first.

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . Todd giggling happily while I tickled him.

. . . "ponderizing."  During General Conference a couple weeks ago, one of the speakers described his goal to "ponderize" (memorize and ponder) a different scripture each week.  I loved the idea, and I've started taping a different scripture to the inside of our front door every Sunday.  This week it's a quote from President Hinckley: "Exemplify in all of your activities the great virtues which [Jesus Christ] taught."  Reflecting on these scriptures throughout the week has been really uplifting.  It eases the stress of my busy life, yet also inspires me to be a better, kinder person who is more at peace with life. 

. . . the kids and me eating the roof off the gingerbread haunted shack we decorated for family home evening a few days ago.

And another thing . . .

. . . the kids are into Super Mario 3D lately.  The game has a power-up that turns you into a cat which can climb walls to get bonus items, and suddenly Kitty Cat is the new favorite make-believe game in our home.  Sometimes it gets a little rowdy, though, and I have to remind certain parties to be friendly kitties instead of fighting kitties.

No comments: