Sunday, October 18, 2015

Turnip Seeds and Friendship

Today's favorite moments included . . .

. . . gardening with Joy.  She planted a cheerful pot of mums (which make me smile every time I walk by them), and some carrot and turnip seeds.  She loves carrots, but I don't think she's ever even eaten a turnip.  Ours is not to question why . . .

. . . attending stake conference this evening.  There were several talks that inspired me or got me thinking, but my favorite part was one speaker's memory of a modern apostle declaring that God lives, "and He is a friend of mine."  I love that simple, clear, joyful statement that God is both real and caring, and that we can become His friend.  To me, that implies warm and open communication, and mutual service born of love.  May I cultivate that kind of relationship with God.

No comments: