Friday, February 1, 2008

Recipe - Corn Tortilla Lasagna

For me, "comfort food" entrees are only truly comforting if they're reasonably healthy, too. I'm not necessarily talking about "tofu and flaxseed" healthy, but I do like dinners to be fairly balanced. It's also nice if they're a complete, one-pot meal - easy to cook and easy to eat.

Corn Tortilla Lasagna
is my idea of comfort food. It's easy to put together, the tortillas and beans provide balanced proteins (there's some chicken, too, but you could probably omit it if you don't want to bother cooking some specially for this dish), the salsa and bell pepper fill the veggie requirement, and the cheese and light sour cream add comforting creaminess. The leftovers freeze well or make great lunches the rest of the week, and even my toddler enjoys eating them. She won't eat chicken or bell pepper on their own, but she can't get enough of them in this dish. That alone makes it worth making on a regular basis.

One year ago . . . Sociology and Second Place (and my blog's first comment!!!)

No comments: