Monday, February 11, 2008

Perfect Pick-Me-Up

I was feeling a bit down today, when Phillip (who was carrying Joy as we walked) asked if I wanted to hold Baby. When I took her into my arms, my whole attitude immediately changed. Suddenly I was getting a hug from my sweet baby, and my focus had shifted from stewing about my troubles to looking for ways to make someone else happy. The scriptures say perfect love casteth out fear; I would add that giving and receiving love casteth out sadness.

One year ago . . . Quote of the Day - Joy

3 comments:

Caitlin said...

I had Archer via c-section and needless to say I was in excruciating pain. I was talking to my OBGYN about this and he told me about an interesting study. He said that women who have just given birth rate their pain levels much lower when they are holding their newborn. There is nothing like holding a baby, especially one that you know is yours forever. I guess love can conquer all, from a gloomy mood to the pain of abdominal surgery!

Science Teacher Mommy said...

You are just so marvelous. I wish I could have you over for lunch today.

Nicole Shelby said...

i agree...nothing like cuddles to soothe. for moms and babes.