Friday, June 13, 2008

I Love You More Than Napkins

This evening as I was cumbered about with much serving, I started wondering whether my husband was free to help me out. Suddenly I heard the thunderous sound of playful daddy footsteps, and Joy’s wild giggles as she scurried to find refuge from the Tickle Monster. I realized my sweetheart was doing something much more important than setting the table, so I let them keep playing and took care of it myself. It was a small price to pay to hear my family have so much fun together.

5 comments:

Science Teacher Mommy said...

"Cumbered about with much serving." Hee. Hee. I love you. Plantboys job is generally to take care of the boys while I cook. I actually love to cook: I just don't love to cook and referree at the same time. The four (yes, baby too) of them wrestle and I work on something that all of them will eat, which is no small feat in itself.

Jodi Jean said...

haha, thats great. rob helps with aidan while i cook/etc. as well. which makes it easier for me, and i appreciate it!

Serena said...

Amen. Anytime I see Alex playing with the kids, I do not bother or interupt. They only get so much time with Dad, and every moment counts.

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

I should note that Phillip always watches Joy while I cook (bless his heart), and he often helps set the table or throw a salad together, too, especially if one of us has to rush out the door in fifteen minutes (as was the case that night.)

Nicole Shelby said...

those are the moments when we remember what is most important.

serving our families is very important...but remembering to spend time together...well...