Thursday, September 11, 2008

Cheaper than Therapy

STM has vowed not to post (much) about the election until November. Bless her for her restraint. As for me, I'm tired of resisting the urge. If I don't post about things that inspire or bug me, they buzz around in my head all day and make it hard to focus on anything else. It's starting to drive me nuts, and since blogging is cheaper than therapy I've decided to just accept reality. I never imagined my blog would have a political theme, even temporarily, but it looks like that's just how it's going to be for the next couple months. And I haven't even decided who to vote for yet.

If you want to skip the political posts, it won't hurt my feelings in the slightest. There will still be plenty of warm fuzziness on our family blog, and occasionally here, too.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

No we need to talk about this all the time. Elections matter, and this one especially.

Americans cannot really afford to be apathetic about politics anymore (and could they ever really in the past?). We have fought too many wars, and have had too many soldiers die to defend our right to the secret ballot. In addition, we are counseled by our church leaders to be involved in politics.

And finally, while I may get a little hot under the collar with my political beliefs (it was how I was raised I guess), at the end of the day I always respect anyone who has made a dispassionate, informed choice in their vote, even if it means your vote cancels out mine...

Lizardbreath McGee said...

I like hearing your thoughts on this, so please, please continue.

Science Teacher Mommy said...

I have vowed not to post political but comments are off limits. Please check in again on my blog today and let me know what you think about the comment I made on my last post. Just curious.

Loved your pit bull with lipstick analysis. How to be tough and tender at the same time is the dilemma of the modern woman.

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

Thanks for the validation, everyone. :)

Nicole Shelby said...

i agree with the cheaper than therapy aspect of blogging.

sometimes it's what i need. just to vent it out. and know that i'm heard and sympathized with.

thanks always for your insight and uplifting and understanding comments!

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

You're welcome, Nicole. Same to you. :)