Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Mosaic

I felt like posting tonight, but I didn't feel like thinking, so I decided to borrow an idea from my cousin-in-law (and Flickr).

Concept:
1. type your answer to each of the questions below into Flickr Search.
2. using only the first page, pick an image.
3. copy and paste each of the URLs for the images into fd's mosaic maker. (choose 4 columns, 3 rows, individual URLs).*



Questions:
1. what is your first name? Kimberly
2. what is your favorite food? Good food
3. what school do you go to? BYU (I suppose "life" would have been more accurate)
4. what is your favorite color? Blue
5. who is your celebrity crush? Phillip (he's a celebrity - just ask Joy; he's a fun guy, too)
6. what is your favorite drink? Cranberry juice (cranraspberry, white cran peach, cranstrawberry . . . gooood stuff)
7. what is your dream vacation? British Isles (or Italy, or the Yucatan Peninsula . . .)
8. what is your favorite dessert? Fruit Cobbler
9. what do you want to be when you grow up? More loving
10. what do you love most in life? God
11. one word to describe you? Curious
12. your nickname? Sweetheart

Photo Sources:
1. Heart Glow, 2. Chmurka & BuĹ‚eczka (+ MESSAGE TO THE WORLD), 3. The Reason Why I Love Spring, 4. When I'm sleeping, I slow down my breathing...Living in dreams, dreams that come true...thinking of the color blue... ZZZzzzzzz..., 5. Clitocybe fragrans Fragrant funnel 1, 6. ballerina tea party, 7. A PIECE OF HEAVEN ON EARTH. (KILKENNY, IRELAND), 8. Peach & Pear Cobbler with Candied Ginger and Butter Pecan Ice Cream, 9. ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 'tiz the Season! ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ What have we here? ~ Christmas Kitty, Good Cheer! Happy Holidays, Everyone ! ! !, 10. Cosmic Dream:kerala:India, 11. Got milk?, 12. ♪ Yellow Rose

*If you want to try this at home, I hope you're more familiar with Flicker than I am. It took me forever to figure out how to get the resulting mosaic into my post. If you need help I'll do my best to explain what I did, but it would really be the blind leading the blind.

3 comments:

Science Teacher Mommy said...

Very cute.

On the last post, I couldn't add anything to Nate's excellent comment. Try this website:

www.factcheck.org.

NPR is good, but you have to listen a lot to get the stories you want. Everywhere else all you get is spin that just beats to a dead horse all of the things you are NOT interested in rehashing. The above site, however, is like snopes.com but better. It takes the information presented by the candidates themselves and then checks it against a variety of sources for accuracy. It is my new favorite place to visit.

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

Thanks for the reference to that site. I just poked around there and found a lot of interesting info. I'll definitely be back.

Nicole Shelby said...

your mosaic is cool!

making mosaics on flickr is cool. for me the trickiest part was remembering to do it - i kept getting sidetracked by all the amazing photography (and skipping quickly the less than good-stuff).

i too love the cranberry juices!