Sunday, January 4, 2009

Cake Wrecks

In the mood for a laugh (or a groan)? Head over to Cake Wrecks, a blog of photos and pleasantly snarky commentary about professionally-decorated cakes that "go horribly, hilariously wrong." The Santa Slug is still my favorite.

Incidentally, the blogger posts some excellent, non-wrecky cakes on Sundays. Today's dragons are particularly impressive (um, except for the one in the tutu--to each their own, I suppose).

P.S. Thanks to my friend Beth for linking to this site on her blog. :)

3 comments:

Kerri said...

I have seen that blog before. I think it was featured on Blogger's Blogs of Note or something. There are some real funny ones! Thanks for reminding me about this site!

Science Teacher Mommy said...

The Website was a find. Hilarious. If you want to see some extremely cool ones, google "Sweet Life" in Eugene Oregon. It is a cake and all around amazing dessert shop here. They do creations that are truly art. I don't think I could ever eat one.

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

I checked out the Sweet Life site, and I have to say I'm glad they're in a different state. It's safer that way.

That said, I wish I'd found a place like that back when I was shopping for my wedding cake. Some of their creations are gorgeous.