Saturday, January 3, 2009

Resolutions Accomplished

So, I resolved this year to read a book a month, and exercise more. I finished Rowling's "The Tales of Beedle the Bard" today (thoroughly enjoyed it), and I did some prenatal yoga during Joy's nap, which is more exercise than I've probably done in the last two months. So that means I'm done with this resolution thing, right?

Especially since next month I'll go from being a moderately sane mother of one to being a sleep-deprived, stressed-out, world-turned-totally-upside-down mother of two.

Better make February's book a short one. Do board books count?

3 comments:

Liesl said...

My biggest resolution this year is to read the Old Testament, cover to cover. Wish me luck!

Science Teacher Mommy said...

Read "Mrs. Mike." That is my Feb. book club pick. It is short and fabulous. Pack your Kleenex.

I loved having two. Really. Of my three kids, going from one to two was by far the easiest.

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

I actually read Mrs. Mike as a young girl. At the time I think I was too accustomed happily-ever-afters to fully appreciate it, but there are some scenes in it that stick with me still, like when she flees to "civilized" city life only to be disgusted by people squabbling over such petty things as burnt toast.

Perhaps I should read it again now that I'm a wife and mom myself, to see what meaning it would have for me at this stage of life.