Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Ten Things That Make Me Happy

This isn't any sort of meme I got tagged for (though you're more than welcome to post a similar list, if you feel so inclined :). I just got to thinking about the simple pleasures in my life, and thought I'd share:

1) Husband hugs
2) Daughter laughs
3) Feeling the Spirit in peaceful moments
4) One-on-one time with my sweetheart
5) Cooking something that tastes good
6) Reading something for pleasure
7) Doing a little exercise
8) Acquiring new kitchen gadgets (I'm currently drooling over this, but I'm not sure I'd use it enough to justify the expense)
9) Productivity (now that I'm a mom, I have greater appreciation for this increasingly rare pleasure)
10) Eating See’s milk chocolate peppermint patties (I could probably live on those things, but if I couldn’t I’d sure die happy.)

5 comments:

Connie H said...

Many of those same things make me very happy. Life has been very good to me. In reguards in the hand blender, I highly recommend it. I use mine at least once a week, I make home made refried beans with it, to make my salsa, to puree soups, to smooth out gravy, to smooth out/make some of my frosting recipes, and many many more uses. You will be amazed how often it comes out. I love it.

Science Teacher Mommy said...

We love our immersion blender. If you ever plan on canning applesauce or making pumpkin soup it is an absolute must.

Nicole Shelby said...

I also enjoy most of the same things. And - See's peppermint patties are divinely inspired.

I concur with my mom's endorsement of the immersion blender. Besides ease of use - it's way easier to clean than a full-on traditional blender.

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

Oooh - I knew they were handy for soups, but I hadn't thought of using one for salsa. That just might seal the deal . . .

Autumn said...

Must be a mom thing, I enjoy all those same things too.