Friday, October 12, 2012

Smirks and Soup


Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . . listening to the vice presidential debate.  I came away feeling negative about both candidates, for different reasons.  Ryan seemed long on ideology but short on concrete details.  Biden seemed capable but I hated watching him smirk every time his opponent spoke.  Both highlighted things that really frustrate me about the other's party.  Neither inspired me with great confidence that they can and will change things for the better.  Blah.

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . watching the rain fall outside, and hearing the thunder rumble.  Daniel thought that sound was pretty cool.

. . . making butternut squash soup and the best bread I've ever baked.

. . . talking about books with my visiting teachers.

No comments: