Monday, October 15, 2012

Tambourines and a Bat Mobile


Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . . trying to watch a two-hour session of stake conference while singlehandedly (Phillip's away at a conference) keeping three small children content and quiet.  By the end of the first hour they were antsy and tired of all the snacks and activities I'd brought.  I still managed to glean some good insights from the meeting, and I'm glad we went, but by the end I felt like I was trying to listen to a symphony while three people beat me with tambourines.  After the meeting, a friend assured me that I'm doing the most important job in the world, and doing it better than I realize.  That helped a little.

. . . discovering that making a mobile out of sticks and paper bats is not nearly as easy as I had expected.

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . pondering my conference notes while Anna napped and the big kids had some screen time.

. . . talking a walk with the kids.

. . . looking through old photos.

No comments: