Monday, February 17, 2014

Playmates and Boring Yarn

Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . .  a rare being spoiled by the nagging sense that I should really be doing about ten other things.

. . . trying to shoot a semi-formal family portrait with four antsy kids.

. . . sorting through my yarn stash (most of which I've owned for over a decade), and noting that more than half of it is white or off-white.  Booooring.  What am I supposed to do with all that?  The mom in me doesn't want to make anything that will get dirty so easily (and none of us wear much white around here, anyway), but the cheapskate in me can't bear to throw it away.  Maybe I should email the women in my ward and ask if anyone wants free, white yarn.  I'm often surprised at how quickly someone emails back to say that my trash is their treasure.

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . spending time with my extended family, including aunts, uncles, and cousins from out of town.

. . . finally writing a few family blog posts.

. . . hearing the big kids happily play make-believe games in the back seat.  I'm so glad they like playing together (most of the time).

. . . discovering that two uninspiring containers of leftovers actually taste great mixed together.

No comments: