Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Warm, Boring, and Chipless

Today's favorite moments included . . .

. . . getting our heater replaced after the fix-it guy removed our broken one a few days ago.  It was pleasantly novel to have a big hole in our wall for a few days, but I'd rather have a warm home.

. . . doing a science experiment with Joy.  Science projects are voluntary for first graders at her school, but when I asked if she wanted to do one she perked right up and suggested that we see what items will sink or float.  She originally proposed that we test our theories in the pool outside, and jump in after anything that sank.  I suggested that we just use a bowl of water inside where it's warm.  Boring, I know.

And another thing . . .

. . . I made chocolate chip cookies last night, just for fun.  When Joy sampled a few today, she asked if I would leave the chips out of a few of them next time.  What do you call a chocolate chip cookie with no chocolate chips?

No comments: