Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Chocolate Muffins and Slow Miracles

Today's favorite moments included . . .

. . . hearing Baby Todd laugh for the first time when I tickled him today.

. . . getting through this afternoon.  I felt so stressed and angry at the big kids over trivial things, and nothing I did seemed to help relieve the tension.  I prayed earnestly for help, and at first nothing seemed change, but minute by minute and hour by hour the pressure slowly eased.  Sometimes God's miracles are instantaneous, and other times they happen so gradually that you almost don't notice them, and it is easy to forget how desperately you begged for them in your dark hour.

. . . eating chocolate zucchini bread muffins.  They are seriously one of my favorite foods ever.  My picky oldest daughter likes them, too--she ate three this evening.

No comments: