Saturday, March 15, 2014

Pi Day and a Loud Lark

Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . .  feeling really, really tired.

. . . Daniel stepping out of our van and sinking up to his ankles in a mud puddle.

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . hearing The Lark Ascending on the radio.  Unfortunately, five seconds after I turned it on my toddler demanded that I turn the music off.  Being the accommodating mother that I am . . . I turned the music up super loud until she shouted for me to turn it down.  After that, we were both happy - I got to listen to beautiful, soothing music, and my toddler got the satisfaction of having one of her requests granted.

. . . celebrating Pi Day with some geeky friends, a couple of pies, and vanilla ice cream.  I am totally on board with any holiday tradition that involves yummy food.

. . . watching our kids and our friends' kids have an absolute blast tossing a balloon around the front room.

. . . husband hugs.

And another thing . . .

. . . I found this quote in an Amazon.com book review recently, and I rather like it: "I am often told, "It is cheaper to buy fruits and vegetables than to raise them." I have nothing to say in reply. There are many cheap things we can have. Experience has proved that one of the best things we can have is a garden, either to work in or to visit daily when the season permits. We have but one life to live here, and to get the cheapest things out of it is rather poor ambition." (E.P. Roe)

No comments: