Friday, December 3, 2010

Pandora and Farkle

Today's favorite moments included . . .

. . . listening to Christmas music on pandora.com.

. . . seeing Joy lead Daniel out of the front room so he wouldn't be frightened by the loud vacuum. I was touched that she noticed his distress and took action to help, and that he trusted her enough to follow her.

And another thing . . .

. . . Remember yesterday's reference to the elf you can't touch? At naptime today I was ushering Joy toward the bedroom and she announced that she's and elf so I shouldn't touch her or her magic might go away. She then asked me to make up an elf name for her. I dubbed her Farkle.

. . . Also, I babysat a friend's two-year-old son this morning, and the kids and I took a walk to Trader Joe's. With the two boys in the stroller and Joy tagging along, I got some interesting looks and comments that I had my hands full. It's kind of odd that while I'm excited by the idea of having three children someday, many non-Mormons I know think I'm either brave or crazy to even consider it. Sure, there are crazy moments, but when I watch my kids play together and see how delightfully different they are, I'm excited to meet the next Hendrickson and see what they contribute to the mix.

No comments: