Sunday, December 5, 2010

Pumpkin Pie and Electric Carols

Today's favorite moments included . . .

. . . eating Costco's pumpkin pie at the church Christmas Party.

. . . having several opportunities to genuinely help someone out. It always amazes me that when I pray for the chance to serve someone, opportunities to do so fall right in my lap, often within a few hours of my request.

. . . finally going one whole day without an elf fail.

And another thing . . .

. . . the Trans-Siberian Orchestra's "Christmas Eve/Sarajevo 12/24" song is a guilty pleasure of mine. You haven't lived until you've heard "The Carol of the Bells" played on electric guitars.

. . . I used to crochet a lot, but I've done it very little in recent years. Today I looked through some afghan patterns and felt tempted to plan a new project, but my hobby time is very limited and I decided there were other things I want to do more than spend hours making a blanket. I'd rather read to enrich my mind, or hone my cooking skills making food that can nourish and give pleasure to my loved ones and me. There may be a time in my life when I need or desire to make blankets again, but it isn't now.

No comments: