Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Thank You, Egg Nog Lady

Today's not-so-favorite moments included:

. . . wrestling with the complicated, buggy music program we installed this week. I despise that program. Not a mild loathing, mind you. A tooth-clenching, depths-of-my-soul hatred. I had more choice things to say about it this morning, but we'll leave that between me and the delete button.

. . . when I was in child's pose trying to de-stress from using the music program, Daniel pulled my hair and Joy climbed on my back.

. . . burning my tongue on hot cider. The cup felt lukewarm; the cider felt like it had been heated at the center of the Earth.

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . rubber stamping with Joy.

. . . hearing her say "I love you."

. . . lots of husband hugs.

. . . eating chocolate graham crackers with homemade icing between them. They're best after they've sat a few days and softened a little. Who needs Oreos?

And another thing . . .

. . . the Trader Joe's egg nog shortage continues. This evening I reached the dairy section just in time to see another woman reach in and remove the last carton of regular egg nog (there was still lite and chocolate, but I'm not a fan of the first and I'm scared to try the second). She noticed me watching and asked if I'd like her carton. I replied that I couldn't take it, but she handed it to me insisting that she'll be just has happy with a carton of lite egg nog. Bless her. Joy immediately began flapping her wings up and down the aisle shouting, "Yay! We have egg nog! That's my favorite thing!!"

No comments: