Wednesday, August 29, 2012

I'm Back and Cranky, But Dinner Was Good

So, I've been potty-training Daniel for the past week.  Yeah, it's been awesome in a totally-not-awesome sort of way.  And coincidentally, I started that process the same day Phillip and I decided our family should take a week-long break from recreational computer/iPad use.  It was great for the kids, but not so great for me.

As I cleaned up lots of puddles and dutifully steered clear of the computer, I was often reminded of a line from the film Seabiscuit, in which the narrator ironically notes that the Depression began during America's Prohibition years: "At a time when the world really needed a drink, you couldn't get one in the United States of America."  Yeah--there were many times last week when I needed to decompress and really missed Pinterest.

The potty training continues, but at least the gizmo fast is over.



Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . . potty training Daniel.

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . cuddling Anna, and feeding her one of my new favorite dinners: BBQ Chicken Quinoa Salad.  She loved the quinoa, corn, beans, and avocado.  Mmmm.

. . . Joy gleefully running over to give a classmate a hug when I dropped her off at kindergarten.  I'm glad she's happy and making friends.

No comments: