Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Uno Fail and Draw 20


Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . . initiating my master plan of Uno domination, then forgetting to say "Uno!" when I got down to one card.  Curses!!

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . Anna kicking her feet when she's happy.  I know I write that a lot, but it's just so cute that it makes my day every time.

. . . playing Imaginary Uno with the big kids when we were out for a walk.  All we really did was slam each other with Draw 2s and Draw 4s over and over.  I think I drew 20 imaginary cards at one point.

. . . reading with Joy at bedtime.  Reading a good book together draws us closer and ends our day on such a happy note.  We were also relieved to learn that Jack the dog came through the creek safely.

And another thing . . .

. . . I loved the original Fantasia when I was young and watched it countless times.  Now I never hear Beethoven's 6th Symphony without having centaurs and fauns dance through my head.

No comments: