Sunday, February 3, 2013

A Dream and a Scary Light Bulb

Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . .  being startled by the sound of a light-bulb shattering in our bedroom ceiling fan.  Shards of glass landed all over our floor.  I've never even heard of that happening.

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . Daniel reminding me to read with him before bedtime.  I'm glad he's taken to reading so much.  Joy isn't loving The Silver Chair, though.  I convinced her to stick with it as far as Puddleglum, but she's decided to throw in the Narnian towel and try a Boxcar Children book instead.  Can't say I blame her--The Silver Chair was never my favorite among the Narnian Chronicles.

. . . waking up from a dream with a great sense of relief.  I dreamed that I had died, and I fervently wished I'd spent more time and energy nurturing my kids.  I haven't been a rotten, neglectful mother, but I wished I had done more to help them lay the foundation they'll need for the challenges they'll face in life.  I then woke up and was grateful to find my wish granted.  I've tried to spend more time encouraging and playing with my children today.  There's nothing like a near-death experience (even in a dream) to put life in perspective.

No comments: