Sunday, February 17, 2013

Bitter


Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . .  starting to make the pibil marinade, and discovering that the bitter oranges I'd bought yield half the juice I thought they would.  I'd been planning to run errands this afternoon anyway, so the kids and I took a long detour back to Chicken Itza for more oranges.

. . . tasting a few drops of bitter orange juice.  News flash: it's really bitter.

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . seeing a live rooster casually wandering the restaurant's parking lot.

. . . buying a few little things for our Yucatecan dinner tomorrow: mango, a red onion, habaneros.  It's fun to plan and prepare a special dinner now and then.  And I'm letting the solar oven do most of the work this time.

. . . bending, running, lifting, and sitting with minimal pain or fear of re-injury.  I know I've touched on this several times lately, but I truly am grateful for every bit of progress with my back.  You appreciate your health so much more after you've lost it for a time. 

No comments: