Saturday, February 2, 2013

A Long Drive and an Unexpected Answer


Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . .  dropping Phillip off somewhere, then making a long, agonizing drive home.  My back has been a lot better today so I thought I'd be fine, and I was once I got home and lay down on my heating pad, but the ride itself was miserable.

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . God's hand in my life.  As I drove home, I worried that it wouldn't be safe for me to carry Anna in, and wondered if I should call someone for help.  I prayed about it, and had a clear feeling that I didn't need to call anyone, that I should just park in my usual spot and everything would be fine.  I considered asking God if He was sure, but that seemed a rather faithless thing to say to an omniscient Deity.  So I pep-talked my way home ("You'll be OK . . . you can do it . . . you're almost there . . ."), parked my car, unbuckled Daniel, eased my way out of my door, and wondered how to get Anna up the stairs without injuring my miserably sore back.  Just then, a neighbor came into our parking lot on his way to work.  All of a sudden it became clear to me why God didn't need me to call anyone--He was going to send help at the very moment I needed it.  I was so very, very grateful.

No comments: