Thursday, February 21, 2013

Preschoolers and Mitt (Sort Of)

Today's favorite moments included . . .

. . . surviving my stint teaching preschool.  I don't know why I let it stress me out so much--it always turns out fine.

. . . watching leaves dance in the wind.  Anna loves feeling the breeze on her face, and it is fun to watch her take so much delight in the natural world.  She's discovered the Moon, too, and thinks it's pretty cool.

And another thing . . .

. . . as we passed a park on the way to Joy's school today, I was surprised to see a bus with the Romney campaign's logo emblazoned upon its side.  I imagined Mitt emerging from its door and saying "Hey Kimberly, what do you think I should have done differently last year?"  I would take a deep breath and relate all the concerns that weighed on me in the last election, while Mitt listened carefully, nodding at appropriate intervals.

Right.  Like he hasn't already had hundreds of people tell him what they think he should have done differently.

Anyway, later in the day I noticed a film crew with lots of Romney signs and flags.  The bus was there, too, and I saw that it only had the logo on one side.  I learned it was just a prop for the HBO series Newsroom.  Life is full of surprises when you live near Hollywood. 

No comments: