Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Games and Trade-offs

Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . .  trying to wrap up an Uno game with Daniel while Todd became progressively fussier.  My kingdom for a Wild card!  In the end I had to forfeit, and since Daniel had fewer cards in his hand I told him he had won.

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . playing "Follow the Leader" with Anna.  I loved hearing her say, "Woo-hoo!" each time we hustled from the kitchen to the kids' room (or vice versa).

. . . running out to the car.  Literally.  Since I could barely walk three months ago, it's invigorating to be able to all-out sprint when I feel like it (and don't have any kids in tow).

And another thing . . .

. . . life is certainly full of trade-offs.  Having a young baby complicates virtually every aspect of my life, and I do look forward to the time when my days won't revolve around naps and nursing, but it is a pure delight to snuggle my little baby close, brush his soft hair with my face, and hear him make soft little newborn sounds.

No comments: