Friday, January 10, 2014

Oatmeal and Magnolias

Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . .  the unmistakable feeling that I'm coming down with a cold.  I think I have Anna to thank for that.

Today's favorite moments included . . .

. . . eating oatmeal on a chilly morning (and yes, I know that "chilly" is a relative term and it's 60 degrees colder in St. Louis without the wind chill factor).

. . . watching episodes of Super Why! with Daniel.  His preschool teacher recommended them, partly because they're educational and wholesome, but also because Daniel's classmates love to play make-believe games based off the show, and she wanted Daniel to have some context to help him join the fun.  We checked out a few episodes on YouTube, and Daniel really got into them.  As a mom, I like the themes of helping friends, learning from books, and making education fun.

. . . noticing the Chinese magnolia trees in bloom around our neighborhood.  I love seeing their grey branches adorned with big, lavender blossoms when little else is blooming this time of year.

. . . Joy's piano teacher being so patient and encouraging with my daughter.  I'm learning the piano from her, too, but I think I need to study her manner more than proper fingering and posture.

No comments: