Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Christmas Carols and Chipmunks

During the Christmas season, . . .

. . . my not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . .  getting ready to wrap a gift I've wanted to give Todd since before he was even conceived, and discovering that it had arrived damaged and would need to be shipped back to the company.  Todd didn't mind getting a temporarily broken present, but I was sure peeved.

. . . making a dessert that didn't turn out.  It's an old family recipe notorious for sticking to the pan in places half the time, but I like it so much that I'm willing to gamble on it about once a year.  I've never had it turn out this badly, though.  Sigh.  Good thing I had a box of Trader Joe's chocolate star cookies in the pantry.

. . . my favorite moments included . . .


. . . seeing my family smile as they opened their presents Christmas morning.  It's fun to give someone something they're excited about.

. . . Pink Grandma's annual Christmas program, comprised of scriptures and favorite carols.  As always, it lifted my spirits and reminded me that our magnificent Savior is the true reason we celebrate Christmas.

. . . hanging out and catching up with relatives.

. . . taking a walk along a creek with the kids, Papa, and my brothers.  Joy announced that her goals for the outing were to collect nature and take some perfect pictures.

. . . seeing chipmunks dart around outside my parents' cabin.  Watching those cute little guys always makes me happy.

. . . making a snow smurf with Anna (when there are only a few shallow patches of snow on the ground, a snow man isn't really an option).

No comments: