Monday, January 20, 2014

Piano and Pease

Today's favorite moments included . . .

. . . a cooing conversation with Todd.

. . . Anna saying "Pease" and "Kank you."

. . . practicing the piano.  Funny how it seemed like such a tedious chore when I was younger, yet now it feels cathartic and gratifying.

. . . reading through the cookbook-memoir my grandma printed last year.  It had many recipes I've grown fond of over the years, including Grandma's rolls and my mom's holiday hot punch.  I also found the dessert recipe that went so terribly wrong in December, and discovered that I've been doing something wrong when I try to get it out of the pan.  Armed with that knowledge, perhaps I'll have more success with it in the future.

. . . helping the big kids work through a problem.  Sometimes I'm a really awesome mom (and other times I'm really not).

No comments: