Sunday, January 26, 2014

Nearly Exploding with a Donut

Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . .  feeling overwhelmed by my new assignment at church.  I know it's where the Lord wants me and I'll get the hang of it before I know it, but for now it's a lot to take in.

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . cuddling my sleepy baby while the big kids played happily together.

. . . going on a date with my sweetheart, then coming home and eating a donut (he bought me my favorite as a surprise earlier this afternoon) and chatting with him while he did the dishes.  Sometimes life is really, really good.

And another thing . . .

. . . this evening I read a Huffington Post editorial which contained a very accurate description of the daily ups and downs of stay-home parenting:

"How was my day? Today has been a lifetime. It was the best of times and the worst of times. There were moments when my heart was so full I thought I might explode, and there were other moments when my senses were under such intense assault that I was CERTAIN I'd explode. I was both lonely and absolutely desperate to be alone. I was saturated -- just BOMBARDED with touch and then the second I put down this baby I yearned to smell her sweet skin again. I was simultaneously bored out of my skull and completely overwhelmed with so much to do. Today was too much and not enough. It was loud and silent. It was brutal and beautiful. I was at my very best today and then, just a moment later, at my very worst. . . . But I'm not complaining. This is not a complaint, so don't try to FIX IT. I wouldn't have my day Any.Other.Way."

No comments: